How Female Teacher Abducted In Nsukka Secured Freedom

Mrs Enechi Chinyere, a secondary school teacher who was recently abducted on Nsukka/Adani highway in Uzo-Uwani local government area, Enugu state, by two unidentified gunmen while she was returning from a meeting have been released.

The secondary school teacher was returning from the recently troubled Nimbo community by the Fulani herdsmen where over 13 people were killed at farmlands, when the gun men who mounted a self-made road block, accosted her and her husband.

Her husband, Mr Enechi Osmond narrated that “on reaching Nkpologwu/Obimo axis of the road, one man came unmasked, moved straight to my wife on steering, pulled a gun and demanded for the money she collected from the Catholic Women Organisation (CWO) meeting.

“We were both confused. Another one came out with a gun and shouted at us to bring the money or face instant death. They collected our handsets and the purse of my wife containing N30,000 and her colleague that had N20,00 cash on her.

“They dragged my wife along with them into the bush where she was held captive for three days demanding for ransom to be paid before she could be released.

“We raised alarm and immediately contacted the traditional rulers of Nimbo, Nkpologwu and Akpugo Ezedike communities together and various community neighbourhood watch was mobilised.

“This gave the kidnappers no breeding space. They community neighbourhood watch entered the forest in their and passed the night in the bush in search of my wife.

“The kidnappers did not mask up, their faces were of the Fulani, they speak Hausa language more than the pidgin English but I cannot say who they are,” he narrated.

Also, the Area commander, Nsukka police command, DPO Adani police division, dispatched men to various places within and around the community, while the parish priest of St. Mary’s parish, Nimbo and the parish priest of St. Joseph Catholic Church, Nsukka, swung into action, split into groups and started announcing the kidnap of the teacher.

The council chairman Col Onwubuya pushed the fortified local vigilante group in company of armed police men to make sure the woman was released without any ransom being paid.

The kidnappers, however, released the woman in the early hours of Tuesday when pressure was too much in search of the teacher.

The Area commander Nsukka when contacted said that no ransom was paid to release the school teacher.

Facebook Comments